Sensex surges over 1,000 points, Nifty reclaims 11,500: 10 updates
Indian stocks markets extended the Friday's rally today by moving sharply higher in early trade. The Sensex rose 1100 points to 39,153 while Nifty reclaimed 11,500. On Friday, the government slashed corporate tax rates in a surprise move designed to woo manufacturers and revive private investment and lift growth from a six-year low. The move will cost the government ₹1.45 lakh crore in the current fiscal year in terms of lost revenue.
Here are 10 updates from Indian stocks markets:
1) Among the Sensex stocks, ITC, L&T, IndusInd Bank, Asian Paints and M&M rose between 5% and 7%.
2) Many brokerages have raised their earnings estimates for India Inc and Sensex and Nifty target after the corporate tax cut. The cut in the corporate tax rate could increase earnings of companies Citigroup's coverage by as much as 8-9% from FY20, the financial institution said, raising its March 2020 Sensex target to 40,500 from 39,000.
3) Analysts will be closely watching how foreign institutional investors will take the tax rate cut."It is important to see when FPIs will resume their buying spree and how they are taking the tax rate cut," says Jimeet Modi, founder and CEO of SAMCO Securities. On Friday, FPIs had bought Indian equities of just ₹30 crore (net) while domestic investors had poured in over ₹3,000 crore.
4) Some market analysts expects Indian markets to head higher further. "A variety of technical indicators indicate that markets could be attempting a retracing back to higher levels. Of course, the result season starts soon but many sectors are oversold so unlikely that we may weaken if earnings disappoint," says Vikram Kasat, head of advisory at Prabhudas Lilladher.
5) Moody's Investors Service has however warned about fiscal concerns after the sharp cut in corporate tax rate. "The move is credit positive for companies because it will enable them to generate higher post-tax incomes. However, it is credit negative for the sovereign, as it aggravates mounting risks for the government in meeting its fiscal deficit target," the agency said.
6) The government will not revise its fiscal deficit target immediately and is not planning any spending cuts at this stage, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said on Sunday, after slashing corporate tax rates to boost a flagging economy.
7) Though equity markets welcomed the move, bond yields spiked on speculation the government may have to borrow more to meet its spending needs.
8) Kotak Institutional Equities expects net profits of the Nifty-50 Index to grow 25% for FY2020 versus 15% earlier buoyed by the sharp cut in corporate tax rate. "This assumes that companies will retain the bulk of the tax cuts; in reality, some of them will pass on some benefits to consumers," it added.
9) Automobiles, banks, capital goods, consumer staples, diversified financials and oil, gas and consumable fuels will be key beneficiaries of the sharp cut in corporate tax rate while electric utilities, IT and pharmaceuticals will see little or no impact, Kotak Institutional Equities said.
10) Other measures announced on Friday including that the enhanced tax surcharge introduced in July 2019 shall not apply to Capital Gains on sale of equity share which is subject to STT (Securities Transactions Tax) would go a big way in restoring confidence in the Indian equity markets, says Shibani Kurian, head of equity research at Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company.
Indian stocks markets extended the Friday's rally today by moving sharply higher in early trade. The Sensex as much as 1,331 points to 39,346 at day's high, adding to Friday's mammoth 1,921-point rally. The Nifty
Mumbai: Following Friday's economy-boosting announcements by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, equity benchmark BSE Sensex surged over 1,300 points to reclaim the 39,000 mark in early session on Monday. The top gainers were HDFC
Indian benchmark indices BSE Sensex and NSE's Nifty 50 surged over 3 percent in the opening trade on Monday, extending last week's rally, after the government announced tax cuts to boost the growth engine of
business Updated: Sep 23, 2019 09:52 IST Domestic equity benchmark BSE Sensex soared over 1,300 points touching to 39,346.01 while NSE Nifty reclaimed 11,500, reported news agency PTI.(PTI File Photo) Extending its euphoria over government's
HIGHLIGHTS Both sensex and Nifty opened over 2 per cent higher On Friday, Sensex soared over 1,900 points in a single day This came after the government announced major cut in corporate tax The Sensex on Monday
New Delhi: Corporate tax cut euphoria prevailed on Monday as Sensex, Nifty surged in early trade. Adding to the historic gains made on Friday markets opened nearly 3 per cent higher.
Major gainers on the 30-share BSE index include ITC, L&T, Asian Paints, IndusInd Bank, Hindustan Unilever and Maruti with their stocks climbing as much as 7.14 per cent On NSE, except for Nifty IT and Pharma,
Opening Bell: Sensex Opens Over 1,300 Points Higher; Nifty Above 11,600 Indian equity benchmarks extended gains for the second consecutive trading session. The S&P BSE Sensex surged as much as 3.5 percent or 1,331 points to
More News in Market
Undertaking a bariatric surgery has become relatively necessary for the majority of the global population, especially the obese and the overweight demographic. The fact that obesity is one of the most prevalent and endangering health
The Global Energy Downstream Retail Sector Market report offers majority of the latest and newest industry data that covers the overall market situation along with future prospects for Energy Downstream Retail
Glaucoma is an ocular disease which affects the optic nerve of the iris and progression of the same results in vision loss and blindness. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), glaucoma is the
GLOBAL FREIGHT FORWARDING MARKET IS HIGHLY GROWING IN MARKET RESEARCH INDUSTRY WITH GOOD REVENUE BY 2024 Global Freight Forwarding Market analysis report breakdown data by leading manufacturers, key region, product type, and application, also researches
Shock Absorption Running Shoes Market latest report is prepared by Market.Us which provides practical and sensible economic intelligence that covers key trends and improves possibilities. The research study includes great insights into critical